Fire Extinguisher Dust
Fire extinguishers are an important part of fire safety. This kitchen in Grand Rapids, MI was saved due to the quick response of the homeowner and their immediate access to an extinguisher. Once the fire was out, however, the dust and soot needed to be cleaned up by a professional; this family called the best.
While some fire extinguisher contents are not toxic, they are also not good to inhale or ingest. It is crucial to be certain that the dust/foam is cleaned up thoroughly; especially if children live in the home. This family trusted SERVPRO of South and Northwest Grand Rapids with the safety of their household.
As far as soot cleanup is concerned; there is a lot to say about that. You can learn more about smoke and soot by checking out our blogs.