Cleaning Your Commercial Office Building
A thorough cleaning will rid your commercial office building of the dust and grime of summer, bringing a clean and refreshed feel to your workplace as well as positively impacting your business’ profitability and your workers’ productivity. Commercial cleaning is a bit different than residential cleaning since it will call for more in-depth cleaning processes and better organization. You have a lot of people, and aspects, to think of.
Let your employees know that a cleaning process will be beginning, and inform them what that process will look like. If there are any possible interruptions in tools or workflow, you will want to let them know and get their feedback on how to handle these situations. Make sure they are aware of the cleaning products that will be used in case there are possible irritations or allergies that some may experience. Many people prefer to be exposed to more eco-friendly products these days, so that’s an option that will make everyone happy.
Provide employees with a schedule so that they know exactly what to expect as your cleaning process moves forward. If it will be necessary for them to box up any of their work items, let them know as far in advance as possible so that they can plan for the event.
The key areas you will want to focus on include:
- Deep-clean carpets to remove stains.
- Move file cabinets, conference tables, desks, and other large furniture items to clean the entire floor.
- Clean flooring baseboards and corners with a high-powered vacuum.
- Buff and scrub tile and concrete.
- Consider re-finishing and re-sealing floors for a renewed appearance.
- Look for fire hazards on the floor. Remove any floor or stairway blockages.
- Observe tile for breaks, dents, or cracks, and consider replacing broken tile or redoing the flooring.
- Look for chipped paint and cracks, and decide if you need to repaint. If the cracks are large, you may want to have a professional inspect for damage.
- Clean all windows to remove dust and marks, cleaning both outside and inside. For tall or high windows, hire a professional window cleaning service.
- Dust and wash the drapes and blinds. This area is usually forgotten in weekly cleanings.
- Dust ceiling corners, light fixtures, and tops of doors.
- Clean the grout in between the tiles.
- Sanitize and deep clean all surfaces with bleach-based products.
- Re-caulk in areas of cracking or splitting.
- Bleach the inside of toilet bowls. Rub the external of the toilet bowls with a sanitizing cleanser.
- Wash the floor baseboards around toilets and urinals.
- Wash all trash-cans.
- Replace all toilet paper, soap, and other usables.
- Look for signs of mold or mildew, which is more common in high-humidity environments like bathrooms. Remove any mildew immediately.
Cleaning your commercial office building can be a big job. Here at SERVPRO of South and North West Grand Rapids, we can help you get your cleaning projects done in record time. Call us today for your commercial office building needs.