HVAC Maintenance This Winter
One of the most important home or business maintenance projects during the winter months is maintaining your HVAC unit. Neglecting this most important piece of equipment can lead to extremely bothersome situations, but regular maintenance practices can help you avoid that altogether. You can choose to do it yourself or to hire a professional to oversee your HVAC.
A professional will inspect and clean the wiring and mechanisms for your HVAC unit and determine if you have any outstanding operational issues that need to be addressed immediately. You can also maintain your HVAC yourself to increase its efficiency between professional inspections and maintenance visits through these practices found below:
- Check thermostat and controls for proper measurement and regulations
- Inspect fan motors, blowers, vents, and ductwork and lubricate all moving parts
- Replace worn-out belts and pulleys
- Inspect electrical components and connections as well as replacing batteries
- Check for gas leaks and flue gas passageways
- Install high-efficiency, pleated air filters and be sure to change regularly
- Keep your heating units and AC free of pollen, leaves, and grass
- Maintain a clear two feet of space around your outdoor AC and heating units
- Inspect refrigerant lines every month and clean drain lines and pans
- Inspecting the heat exchanger, heating elements, heat pump, burner, and the ignition system
Inspection, preparation, and maintenance of your HVAC throughout this will keep your unit in top form and that means your interior living and working environments will be comfortable through all kinds of freezing conditions and will help you avoid going out into such conditions to handle any HVAC issues.
At SERVPRO of South and Northwest Grand Rapids, our team continually maintains the skill and equipment necessary to keep your HVAC working perfectly during even the coldest winter weather. We are also experienced in large cleanup projects that can help you to recover from fire damage or water damage, and we are mold remediation experts. We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, as well. Ask us how!
This SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.