What Are The Most Common Places For Mold Growth In Your Grand Rapids Business?
There are many familiar places in your Grand Rapids business that are highly susceptible to mold growth. It’s wise to regularly inspect the most commonly found areas to avoid mold colonization in your commercial business location. Doing so will help you avoid the damage and effects to health that mold can pose.
What Areas Should I Put On My Mold Inspection List For My Grand Rapids Commercial Enterprise?
We recommend that you assess your property and compile a list of places where mold is most likely to be found. Dark or poorly lit and damp areas are always susceptible to the establishment of a mold colony, such as:
- Crawl spaces
- Plumbing fixtures
A professional mold remediation company like SERVPRO can inspect the most vulnerable areas of your Grand Rapids business and schedule cleaning and remediation services to keep your commercial enterprise mold-free.
What Are Some Important Things To Know About Mold?
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, you must address any sources of water or moisture. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The SERVPRO of South & Northwest Grand Rapids team is specifically trained to handle mold remediation, and we’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help. You can contact us at (616) 662 9700 for a mold inspection and restoration of your property back to its mold-free condition. In addition to our mold remediation services, we handle biohazard cleaning, odor removal, deodorization, and more!
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, too. This franchise is independently owned and operated.