If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (616) 662-9700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Did You Find Mold in Your Commercial Building

9/22/2022 (Permalink)

Mold around a fuse box in a commercial warehouse building corner There are many signs of mold before it becomes visible to the naked eye.

It's important to be aware that any presence of mold in a business can be extremely harmful to employees and customers. Molds produce allergens, mycotoxins, and other toxins that can cause serious health problems.

If you think you've found mold in your business, it's important to have it professionally removed as soon as possible. Do not try to remove the mold yourself - it's important to have a professional who knows how to properly remove the mold and clean up the area so there is no risk of exposure.

What are the signs of Mold?

The most telling sign of mold is the presence of visible mold growth. However, there are other signs that can indicate the presence of mold in a building, such as: 

- A musty odor

- Water stains or water damage

- Peeling or bubbling paint

- Cracked or warped ceilings or floors

- Condensation on windows or walls

- Increase in asthma symptoms or other respiratory problems

How Does Mold Affect Your Staff?

As we stated, mold can cause a variety of adverse health effects, the most serious of which is an allergic reaction. People with mold allergies can have severe respiratory problems, including asthma attacks.

People with compromised immune systems are also at risk for infection from mold exposure. And finally, mold can produce harmful toxins that can cause serious health problems. These toxins are known as mycotoxins, and they can cause a wide range of symptoms, including respiratory problems, headaches, skin irritation, and damage to the liver or kidneys.

So it's important to keep your office clean and free of any mold growth. And if you do spot any signs of mold, don't touch it!

How Do You Test For Mold?

If you're a business owner and suspect that you may have a mold problem, it's best to call in the professionals. Mold can cause serious health problems, so it's important to identify and address any issues as quickly as possible. 

SERVPRO is one of the leading providers of mold remediation services. They have extensive experience in identifying and removing mold from businesses of all sizes. They'll work with you to develop a plan tailored to your specific needs and will ensure that the problem is resolved quickly and safely.

Why Hire SERVPRO to Get Rid of Mold?

SERVPRO has been removing mold and restoring properties affected by mold for years. We have the experience and knowledge to do the job right, and we'll work tirelessly until your property is back to its original state. 

Mold can be a serious health hazard, so it's important to hire a qualified professional to remove it from your property. Not only will SERVPRO get rid of all the mold, but we'll also treat the area to prevent future growth. Give us a call today and let us take care of everything for you.

Other News

View Recent Posts