Recent Commercial Posts
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
Set your plan in action!
How quickly your company can get back to business after a tornado, fire or flood often depends on the emergency planning done today. The regular occurrence of natural disasters demonstrates the importance of being prepared for any emergency. While each situation is unique, your organization can be better prepared if you plan carefully, put emergency procedures in place, and practice for all kinds of emergencies. The following are basic measures business owner and managers can take to begin preparing. A commitment to begin planning today will help support your employees, customers, the community, local economy, and even the country. It also protects your business investment and gives your company a better chance for survival. The following information is provided by ready.gov.
Develop a Business Continuity Plan
- Your organization’s risk needs will vary depending on the specific industry, size, scope and location.
- Begin by reviewing your business process flow char, if one exist, to identify operations critical to survival and recovery.
- Carefully assess your internal and external functions to determine which staff, materials, procedures and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep the business operating.
- You should also establish procedures for succession of management.
Review Insurance Coverage
- Inadequate insurance coverage can lead to major financial loss if your business is damaged, destroyed or simply interrupted for a period of time.
- Insurance policies vary; check with your agent or provider about things such as physical losses, flood coverage and business interruptions.
- Understand what your policy does and does not cover.
Prepare your Emergency Plan
- Your employees and co-workers are your business’ most valuable asset.
- Communication is essential before, during and after a disaster.
- Include emergency information in newsletters, on your company intranet, in periodic employee e-mails and/or other communication tools.
Practice the Emergency Plan
- Some disaster will require employees to leave the workplace quickly.
- The ability to evacuate works, customers and visitors effectively can save lives.
- If your business operates out of o more than one location, establish evacuation procedures for each individual building.
- If your company is in a high-rise building, an industrial park, or even a small strip mall, it is important to coordinate and practice with other tenants or businesses to avoid confusion and potential gridlock.
Secure your facility and Equipment
- Install fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and detectors in appropriate places.
- Secure all entry and exit points and plan for mail safety.
- Plan what you will do if your building, plant or store is not usable.
- Secure valuable equipment.
Improve Cyber Security
- Protecting your data and information systems may require specialized expertise, but even the smallest business can be better prepared.
- Use anti-virus software and keep it up-to-date.
- Don’t open e-mails from unknown sources.
- Use hard-to-guess passwords.
- Protect your computer from intruders by using firewalls.
- Back up your computer data and download security protection updates known as patches regularly.
SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids can help you prepare your Emergency READY Plan today! Call us at 616-662-9700.
No restoration need is too big for SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids
No loss is too big for our fleet handle.
At SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids, no business is too big and no question is too small. So when fire or water damage strikes your home or business, call on the cleanup team the insurance industry has trusted for more than 40 years. That’s where you’ll find a team of specialist that’s faster to any-sized disaster. So when the things that matter most are on the line, make sure we are too by calling 616-662-9700 or visiting www.SERVPROpsouthwestgrandrapids.com. We’re here to help make Fire and Water damage “Like it never even happened.”
We are independently owned and operated with a team of 15 trained professionals. SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids is part of the nationwide Storm Response Team and has the support of over 1,700 franchises ready to serve your emergency needs.
No time like the present to Plan for disaster Southwest Grand Rapids
Being prepared can save thousands of dollars in Restoration and Mitigation cost.
No one ever plans on a disaster, but now, you can prepare for it. The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile (ERP) will help ensure you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
In the event of an emergency, the ERP can help minimize business interruptions by having and immediate plan of action in place for your facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including emergency contacts, shut-off valve locations and priority areas. The ERP also establishes SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider, giving you access to over 45 years of experience and a System more than 1,700 franchises strong. The ERP is a no-cost assessment; all it requires is little time, making it a great value that could save you time and money in the future. By downloading the free SERVPRO® READY App, this information is stored electronically and can be accessed using your mobile device making help just a few clicks away.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a mall water leak, a large fire or an area flood. Having a plan in place may help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive and get you back in the building following a disaster. Don’t wait until disaster strikes. Call SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids at 616-662-9700 to establish your Emergency READY Profile, and be “Ready for whatever happens.”
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise profile document containing only the ciriti9cal information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Contact us today at 616-662-9700 to schedule your no-cost assessment!
BIOHAZARD, CRIME SCENE, AND VANDALISM CLEANUP
SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
Recognized as a leading fire and water cleanup and restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies, SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids Professionals also offer fast, reliable biohazard and crime scene cleanup and restoration services to residential and commercial property owners.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers, and owners. A failure to properly handle and safely remove such hazardous substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove bio hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO® Professionals help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids can help with the following issues:
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Arson n Vandalism
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
State and local regulations vary. Contact SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids at 616-662-9700 today for 24-hour emergency service.
Southwest Grand Rapids, FLOODING CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE
Flooding can happen anywhere. Are you prepared?
According the National Weather Service (NOAA), “Approximately 75% of all Presidential disaster declarations are associated with flooding.” NOAA lists the most common flood hazards in the United Sates as:
- Flash Flooding
- River Flooding
- Strom Surge and Coastal Inundation from Tropical and Non-Tropical Systems
- Burns Scars/Debris Flows (Caused by wildfires)
- Ice/Debris jams
- Dry Wash (Caused by heavy rainfall in dry areas)
- Dam Breaks/Levee Failure
Just because you haven’t experienced a flood doesn’t mean you won’t in the future. In fact, 20% of all claims paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) were for policies in low-risk communities. ON average, floods cost $3.5 billion in annual losses in the U.S., and commercial flood claims average more than $75,000 (NFIP).
When catastrophic storm water damage happens to your commercial property, SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids can Help. We help you prepare ahead of time with and Emergency Ready Profile (ERP), or respond to any size disaster to begin clean up and restoration to get you back in business as soon as possible.
SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids is ready to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Contact us at 616-662-9700.
Restoring Your Southwest Grand Rapids area Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
We are #heretohelp!
Flooding and water damage events at Grand Rapid’s commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Southwest Grand Rapids
SERVPRO of Southwest Grand Rapids specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
ARE YOU PREPARED?
Our Emergency Ready Profile puts all your emergency information at the tip of your fingers 24/7.
Are You Prepared? As a member of the Ready Campaign’s National Preparedness Coalition, SERVPRO® is proud to present the following information.
How quickly your company can get back to business after a tornado, fire, or flood often depends on the emergency planning done today. The regular occurrence of natural disasters demonstrates the importance of being prepared for any emergency. While each situation is unique, your organization can be better prepared if you plan carefully, put emergency procedures in place, and practice for all kinds of emergencies.
The following are common sense measures business owners and managers can take to start getting ready. A commitment to begin planning today will help support your employees, customers, the community, the local economy, and even the country. It also protects your business investment and gives your company a better chance for survival. Review the following questions to learn if your company is prepared.
Do you know what kind of emergencies might affect your company? Do you know what you will do in an emergency situation?
Develop a Business Continuity Plan Do you know which staff, procedures, and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep operating? Do you have backup plans for those operations? Do you know what you will do if your building or plant is not accessible? Do you know what you will do if your suppliers are impacted by a disaster? Are you ready for utility disruptions?
Prepare Your Emergency Plan
Do you have an evacuation and shelter in-place plan? Do you have a plan to communicate with employees before, during, and after an incident? Do you have copies of building and site maps with utilities and emergency routes marked? Are your employees trained for medical emergencies?
Practice the Emergency Plan
Have you practiced your plan recently? Do you practice and coordinate with other businesses in your building or industrial complex? Have you reviewed your plans in the last 12 months?
Review Insurance Coverage
Have you reviewed your insurance coverage recently to see if you’re covered in a disaster?
Secure Your Facility and Equipment
Have you secured all the ways people, products, and supplies get into your building? Have you conducted a room-by-room walk-through to determine what can be strapped down?
Do you regularly install patches to your software? Have you installed a firewall on your computer? Do you regularly update your antivirus software?
Promote Family and Individual Preparedness
Do you encourage employees to have a personal emergency supply kit and a family communication plan?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, visit ready.gov and learn how to better prepare your business. Or call SERVPRO® of Southwest Grand Rapids at 616-662-9700 and ask to speak to us about the Emergency Ready Plan.